Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, I recently purchased a 4150 with mechanical secondaries(pn# 4777-4) , and I am about to install it but I noticed the secondary throttle plates don't open all the way when the primaries are at WOT. They open to about 80 to 85% almost 90 but not quite, is there an adjustment I can do on the lever or something?? I was sitting there looking at the lever and I can't figure out how to adjust the secondary throttle without touching the primaries. Kinda new to this, any info would help.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
What you have is stock. You can remove the link arm and bend it.

Be warned! you could hurt the performance of the carb. When blades are open at 100% (90°) in most cases it will flow less air. Because of reversion of the throttle shaft. It can also cause a lean condition weakening the low pressure signal for the booster.

your best leaving the carb alone.

AL

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you have is stock. You can remove the link arm and bend it.

Be warned! you could hurt the performance of the carb. When blades are open at 100% (90°) in most cases it will flow less air. Because of reversion of the throttle shaft. It can also cause a lean condition weakening the low pressure signal for the booster.

your best leaving the carb alone.

AL
I only as Al, becasue the Holley book says (I know a book) "make sure all throttle plates completely open at WOT, both secondary and primary" I was thinking there was a reason why it wasn't opening, just wanted to follow the instructions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts