Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two carbs that I have here. Both were recieved in a parts trade. Not sure what either really is for sure...

The complete carb looks to be a 600cfm 4160. The number on the choke is 80457-2.

The incomplete carb looks to be a double pumper, but I am unsure if this is true. The choke has been grinded down and most of everything has been removed. But a look at the metering plates tells me it is a double pumper, possibly a 650cfm... Any way I can figure this out for sure?

Can I use the base plate and other parts to complete the supposed 4150 double pumper? If that what it actually is...

Few pics, I can snap a few more if needed. Just let me know what you would like to see...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Both look to be parts carbs, the complete looking one has two different style float bowls which won't work together the one with the choke horn ground off is not a double pumper it only has one accelerator pump squirter and is a 4150 type they had primary and secondary metering blocks, or is just parts stuck together

You are missing to many parts to really do anything with these except use them for parts you don't have enough stuff between the two to make one :(

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both look to be parts carbs, the complete looking one has two different style float bowls which won't work together the one with the choke horn ground off is not a double pumper it only has one accelerator pump squirter and is a 4150 type they had primary and secondary metering blocks, or is just parts stuck together

You are missing to many parts to really do anything with these except use them for parts you don't have enough stuff between the two to make one :(

Thanks for the help.

So, I need a carb that will be used primarily for the drag strip and will see nitrous. Would it be worth while to swap the float bowls on the 4160 to a matched set and build it? Or junk them both, find a used double pumper and use it...?

Cost is an issue.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Its not a dbl pumper it only has one squirter provision,my holley bible says the other carb is a 600 vac sec with 64 primary jets from factory and secondary metering plate is 134-39. metering plates take the place of jetes and 0.031 squirter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts