Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a 50cc holley pump upgrade on my carb. but not sure what color pump cam I should use Brown or yellow? and what is the correct side it goes on? because I installed it one way and it pushes on the pump rocker alot and if I reverse it it doesnt.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Someone on here has, I haven't though. The 50cc upgrade is just a larger diaphram, am I correct? I just run the stock 30cc on my holley double pump. Look at where the accelerator cam bolts up to the throttle linkage, I think it can only go in one way. Also they have two holes as well with a number 1 and 2 on them. The linkage it bolts to should also be marked as well. Make sure to match the #'s up. 1 to 1 and 2 to 2. I would also check the clearance on the accelerator arm spring. Set it to .007-.010 with a feeler gauge by either tightening or loosening the spring.

·
Registered
748 Posts
It's trial and error on which color cam to use. You have to experiment with them till you find one that works to your liking. I like to dial in the squirters, then the accelerator pump cams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts