Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hy guys - maybe you can help me out
I've bought an 750 holley - it's new - out of box -- I've mounted the carb on 2 different engins but something is wrong - it's the same problem on bouth engins-- it sound like 1 spark is missing, it doesn't idle nice aaand at idle I've about 1500rpm ,but when I shift in gear the engine stops running - bbrrrrp
--
I've changed the new carb on my roadster for testing - because this engine is running really fine and I've an 750 too on it - so it was really easy to give the new instad of mine - timing vac to didtributor - the back vac port to valve pcv (breathers) and the front vac port I plugged
-
hmm any expiriance or ideas?? - once again - it new that damn thing

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
if its new in the box send it back!!! tell whoever you bought it from it makes a perfectly good engine run on 7 cylinders and you tried other carbs and works fine.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that isn't possible for me - because I've bought it directly at classic industries - but now I'm at home in europe -- never had that problem with those carbs - but maybe I'm doing something wrong with that new model - it's called AVENGER

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Have you done any adjustments to the mixture screws or idle speed? The Street Avenger series of carbs work very well right out of the box on a lot of different applications. How many turns out are the screws? Electric choke model? Is the choke working? Stuck closed?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx guys - i got it - the needle liked to be " hammered" - thats it - now it runs well - I think it was too long in the box and so the needle was fixed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts