Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone done a 4160 to 4150 conversion? I want to add a metering block to the rear of the carb and wonder if you can use the side hung fuel bowl. What would you use for the metering block? This is a 1966 3419 list Holley.

I think I need a 4099 metering block.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
You can add the block but as far as I know you have to use center hung bowls. I don’t think they make a longer fuel tube to connect the side hung bowls.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can add the block but as far as I know you have to use center hung bowls. I don’t think they make a longer fuel tube to connect the side hung bowls.
The Nova L79 and Corvette L79 327 use 2 metering blocks and a side hung fuel bowl. I have a 66 Chevelle 3419 carb and it is a 4160. All it needs to work on my 66 Nova is the metering block and fuel bowl. The 3245 for 66 Nova is like ""Unobtainium" from the movie Avatar.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Then if you have a fuel tube already you are good to go. Put the block on and use the side hung bowls. My point was I have not seen the longer tube in the holley parts list in years.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then if you have a fuel tube already you are good to go. Put the block on and use the side hung bowls. My point was I have not seen the longer tube in the holley parts list in years.
Part # 26-114 The metering block is going to be the next and I hope the last high $$$ part I need.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Wow is that what it looks like now? Looks kind of cheap. The old ones I had used a shoulder on the ends of the tube for the o-ring to not slide back on. I guess they changed the design of the O-rings to now be self retaining. but it looks like you have what you need. Remove the metering plate and you're set. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Wow is that what it looks like now? Looks kind of cheap. The old ones I had used a shoulder on the ends of the tube for the o-ring to not slide back on. I guess they changed the design of the O-rings to now be self retaining. but it looks like you have what you need. Remove the metering plate and you're set. Good luck.
Holley isn’t what they use to be. That’s for sure. I’ve got Bob Book doing a 4150 for me. He’s the best at carb’s in my opinion. Guy is a genius.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holley isn’t what they use to be. That’s for sure. I’ve got Bob Book doing a 4150 for me. He’s the best at carb’s in my opinion. Guy is a genius.
Do we have a "Go to Guy" for carbs on the SNS site?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts