Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I finally bought some of these for my 750 vs holley carb and man do they make it much easier to adjust the float levels....:yes:

If you dont have any of these I suggest ya get some!

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Be careful not to overtighten them--as they age they become kinda brittle and can snap off. But only if it's a carb borrowed from a friend! OOPS!

·
Registered
930 Posts
I would not leave them in all the time either, because the gas will eat them away. My suggestion is to get the float level set, then remove them and install the regular plugs.

·
Banned
435 Posts
I would not leave them in all the time either, because the gas will eat them away. My suggestion is to get the float level set, then remove them and install the regular plugs.
That comment doesn't make sense.

Barry Grant carbs come with sight glasses and there's no mention of having to remove them.

Do the instructions that come with the Holley's say to remove them after installation? I'd be surprised if they did.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Barry Grant carbs come with sight glasses and there's no mention of having to remove them
The BG/Demon stuff isn't plastic like the Holley parts. The Holley plastic will cloud and possibly fail after time. I was removing one from a borrowed carb so I could try to clean off the cloudiness--SNAP! Oh well, new ones looked much clearer!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
They are fine for a short while then they cloud up and get brittle like mentioned above. Get your floats set then install the regular plugs. :yes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts