Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a stamp date #3230 carb. which I believe to be a 66-67 model form more of chevelle, 327-275 HP The application is on my L-79 and works great. I don't race the car so the CFM'S are OK but can't afford at this time. a #3245 which I think is the right carb. The problem I"m having is

1. Don't want to go to electric choke
2. Don't want a manual choke----except what I'm running now.

This is a great starting car just have to keep the revs up a little for a while or set the idle up to warm up. Inserting a pic. to see if any one can see what I am missing for my cold start cam to engage. Excuse the dirt when I rebuilt the carb. just didn't have time.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
The choke coil,cover & linkage you need to make the automatic choke functional is available from Chevy 2 only.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Since your manifold has the pocket to mount a divorced choke that would be the best kind to use. Electric chokes always seem to close again after shutting the car off for 10-15 minutes but the engine is still warm so you get hard starts. The divorced choke senses the engine temp better. I always forget to open a manual choke all the way and wonder where the tank went.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the input on the Heat Choke,
I went through some old parts and came up with. a decent temp solution and it works great. Still going to order the parts from Chevy 2 Only. Not quite sure whether to order the linkage rod for L-79 or the standard ............Guess I'll get them both. Looking at the thermal cover from Chev Only ,that is one tacking looking housing hope it shows up better than the pics. they have. At least I got back to the manifold and did some detail work. It came out, outstanding.

Ross

1 - 5 of 5 Posts