Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I was just reading the directions for the Holley Blue pump and it says to mount it with the motor on top. I have seen more cars than not with this style of pump with the motor pointed down including some of my own due to clearence issues. How important is it to mount it up? Will it wear out faster? Im trying to keep my fuel flowing in a straight line from the Fram canister filter and mounting it up will drop the filter and pump a few inches lower than I would like. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
I would guess if the seal in the pump goes bad all the gas would drain down through the electric motor. That could be really bad.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ok I was just reading the directions for the Holley Blue pump and it says to mount it with the motor on top. I have seen more cars than not with this style of pump with the motor pointed down including some of my own due to clearence issues. How important is it to mount it up? Will it wear out faster? Im trying to keep my fuel flowing in a straight line from the Fram canister filter and mounting it up will drop the filter and pump a few inches lower than I would like. Thanks
not sure how important it is but i have had the one on my chevelle upside down for the past 8 years and it still works fine. not saying to go against the inst. but im just saying it will work.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts