Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can you find the specs for the Power Valves in a 4150 Holley Carb? I have looked in the Service and Overhaul manuals sec. 6M and the jets and everything else are shown but nothing on the power valves.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
https://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_carb_numerical_listing.pdf

Not sure what number yours is, but the column is right in the middle.
The carb is 4160 3419 66 Chevelle. I am adding a secondary metering block and setting it up as a 3245 for my 66 Nova. I tried to find what I need on the chart you posted but it made my brain hurt. With the cam I'm using I may need a different power valve. I'm going to have the carb set up by a good carb guy. I think you have to use a vacuum gauge to see if the power valve is the right one if you are running a different cam. I'm running the Comp 30/30.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Is the power valve for the primary or secondary side?

For the primary side I've always put an extension tube on my vacuum gauge and divide the vacuum by 2 and use that number for my power valve. My cam doesn't make a lot of vacuum, so my carb needed a 3.5 power valve.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Is the power valve for the primary or secondary side?

For the primary side I've always put an extension tube on my vacuum gauge and divide the vacuum by 2 and use that number for my power valve. My cam doesn't make a lot of vacuum, so my carb needed a 3.5 power valve.
Both. The rebuild kit has one power valve. I want to get the car started so we can do the vacuum check. I still need to get the secondary metering block refinished so I'm not in a big rush. I have the chart but I'm not sure I'm reading it right.

Looks like the choke pull off linkage rod is going to have to be fabricated. I heard no one makes it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My 355 makes about 8-9inches of vacuum , i've been told by the formula that i should be using a 4.5 power valve , i've tried a lot of different sizes and i've found the 6.5 works best for me , just saying

1 - 9 of 9 Posts