Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the 390s are the recommended carbs for the inlines. Is there a specfic model number when buying one?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow

Thought I would have at least one person chime in

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
for the 2/3 of the price a 500 eddy would work, youd be driving on primaries and secondaries would just open for what the engine demand is. the performance pontiac ohv I6 could be had with a 750 Q-jet back in the day.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
yeah I was going to say 8007 or 8009, pretty sure it's the first....didnt' want to steer you wrong..

vaccum seconday like Vin63 said

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
HLY-0-8007 at summit racing. They are a wee expensive, and look like a MONSTER on an inline!!! 2 diff buddies said it looks way bigger than a 390cfm.
Be careful if you have an aftermarket intake, offey is what i have and what most people seem to get, if you do you'll either have to mount the carb sideways (see Sgsteve, his is done that way) or you can get an adaptor from Twisted6 (T6racing.org) you can mount it normally with that.
Best of luck :)

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
That carb works perfectly on the aftermarket aluminum intakes (Clifford and Offy). I ran one on my Offy for many years. It's better if the carb is mounted sideways as Offy designed it. The two active barrels are parallel to the intake ports instead of two primaries in line with the number 3 intake port, and the secondaries in line with the number 4 intake port.

Here's my L6 that I sold last year with the 4bbl induction. I used to get 18 mpg on the freeway.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That carb works perfectly on the aftermarket aluminum intakes (Clifford and Offy). I ran one on my Offy for many years. It's better if the carb is mounted sideways as Offy designed it. The two active barrels are parallel to the intake ports instead of two primaries in line with the number 3 intake port, and the secondaries in line with the number 4 intake port.

Here's my L6 that I sold last year with the 4bbl induction. I used to get 18 mpg on the freeway.

What trans were you running with the 6?

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
2 diff buddies said it looks way bigger than a 390cfm
Uh, maybe because they all are the same external size? A 390 can look just like a 650, that looks just like a 750, 850, 950, 570, 670, 770............and so on.

Just saw this one I didn't know existed-an H.P. 390:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts