Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1963 wagon. i see that the doors holes for the molding clips are located directly in the centers of the molding. the front fenders holes sit higher to the top of molding. can anyone tell me where the holes are on the quarter panels. i need to make new holes and i have no quarter panel molding clips to tell which they are. thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
On a 62 the holes are slightly above the trim line.

On a 64 the holes are on the trim line.

On a 63 the holes are 1 1/8" below the trim line.

Don't know 65.

So, unless I am mistaken your 63 has 62 fenders and 64 doors.......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes. the holes on the doors and the fenders are below the trim line. the door is the 1 1/8", the fenders are closer to the trim line maybe about 1/4" higher than doors but still below trim line. i noticed that the molding clip studs for the front fenders are higher to offset and match doors trim (which those clip studs are dead center). i hope this makes sense. curious about those quarter panel holes. i guess seeing the quarter panel molding clips would answer my question. any body have any handy to verify? thanks for your replies, very good info.

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Dumb Question: Is this a 1963 'Nova' wagon ???

'Nova' 400 series had wide bodyside moulding all the way along....
1963 Chevy II 300 series broke from wide to narrow - thus putting the clip/fastener hole location higher (yet still near the "trim line") to accept the narrow trim on the rear doors & qtrs.....

'63 Chevy II 300 4 door sedan:

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
On a 1963 wagon....both 300 and 400 series....

The door and qtr moulding holes are higher and not in the center of the moulding!

Doors and qtrs use the same clips which are off center!

The fender moulding holes are slightly lower than the rest of the moulding holes because the fender clips are centered!
So it's the clips themselves.....:turn:

Thanks for clearing it up Wagonman......!!!!

I was trying to go from memory., & haven't had my 300 for nearly 10 years.......What you said makes perfect sense...... :yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, you are right. my mistake, it was the way you mention. you answer my question about the quarter panel holes. thank you...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts