Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone is running this system on there car and are willing to help out. I dont know much about the system but what are the does and donts of the system. How do you service the system to put away for the winter? Can I fill my fuel cell full of supreme gas and run it through the system to do away with all the alcohol in the system?

Thanks for you time and patience

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well Ill try, I run a crower mech setup from the 70s (gas)
The do,s WIDE open throttle and idle work fantastic, mid range is a lil tough without a accelator pump (carb), however there are ways to get around this a lil, it would take me hours to explain.
You will need different nozzles and location on the manifold to run gas or alky. You would have to take the system apart and clean out all check valves and lines (on alky) after every use. Gas you do not have to.
I would not even think of a blower or duel quads cause Im usaily the only one running my set up. I will also say it is more consistint than a carb ANYDAY when the tune is rite. It takes time to find the rite tune but when you get it, youll not have to wander far from it to ajust differnt air.
AND it looks cool too.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy I bought the car drag raced a few times, he said it had a bog at the high end of 1st gear. So he actually mounted a fuel cell in where a battery is suppose to be, is that legal in nhra rules? He said the g force would not deliver the alcohol enough to the pump. He never did get to try it out so who knows if it works.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The thrust tank on my car is in the pass side front (shiny box) and is nhra legal. I have a main fuel tank in the trunk, it pumps to the thrust tank up front and a coupla holly float bowls to regulate the amount of fuel in it. It then is gravaty flow to the fuel pump.
The rule is any fuel cell mounted on the front or in a area not confined must have a protective device (cage) around it.
Here is a helpful link from the hamb board, also go to serch and punch in mechanical fuel inj, there is quite a bit of info there.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=742516
John

·
Registered
339 Posts
Forgot to ask, does your system have a high speed by-pass on it. If not that would explain the bog as the faster the pump spins the more fuel it pumps and this can and will flood the motor causing a bog. Hope this makes sence.
It sounds difficult but in reality its MUCH simpler than a carb....John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts