Transmission: Power Glide for now, TBD in the future

Rear End: 10 bolt

Exhaust: TBD

Wheels/Tires: TBD

Interior: TBD

Electrical: TBD

Accessories/Options: TBD

Sound system: Too much to list waiting to be installed

Additional Comments: I owned this car when I was 14. My parents sold it when I was out of town. I have wanted it back since that day.

Bought it back on 8-6-12. It is half sanded and ready to be torn the rest of the way apart and media blasted. Goal for completion 9-1-2013.

24 years later, I am building the car of my dreams.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
7000.00, It has new lower 1/4's installed on both sides, new fenders, and the bumpers are already rechromed. It also included a new front glass and seal because some one had ran the wiper with no blades.

Found Minor work needed in the passenger floor board and both lower cowls behind the fenders, the trunk floor is rock solid.

I have nearly completed disassembly.Dropped the heater box and underdash eletronics out today. Time to loose the undercarriage and mount it up to the rotisserie.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Haha, cool story ! Looks good, can't wait to see your completed work next year, but progress pics are appreciated as well :)

Thank u for sharing !

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I LIKE WHAT I SEE, THAT'S A PERFECT START! :yes:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steeler, you are right on the money. You can relate to how thrilled I was when I found out it was in this condition instead of completed.

Much easier to make MY car vs buying someone else's.

The toughest part now is deciding what color it will be.

I am leaning heavily toward the pearl Synergy Green from the 2011 Camaro SS/RS or Iris Pearl Mist from the promotional 1965 gto.

I know, totally opposite ends of the spectrum... :eek:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Cool story! I'm really happy for you! It really hits home with me because I had a 66 Nova my senior year in High School. That was in 82. How cool would that be to get her back. Although mine was a rust bucket at the time. So there might not be much left. ;). But I had a great motor in it and it had a Muncie. I'd still take it back. Gratz!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
It's so great you got her back!! Almost never happens. You my friend are one lucky man have fun with your new ( old) toy! Please post progress picks when you can cheers, Pat

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the responses guys. She is now torn down and hanging on a rotisserie. I found some minor problems I dont care for.

I will post pics later this week.

Who makes the best replacement door shells? Mine could problably be saved, but I am not sure it is worth the effort for the replacement cost.

Found cancer in the lower cowls, rear body panel, and minor in both front floors.

Going to go with Heidt pro g front end and IRS rear suspension.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Check out Classic Industries for panels. Try to stay away from the chinese made panels. Although they are cheaper, they are a bitch make the body lines straight. Nice project man. Can't wait to see some more pics.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well in a unique twist, I went to good guys Indy yesterday, and the Nova will now be wearing full Heidt front and rear suspension with wilwood discs. I will be posting a photo account of the installation of the Pro G independant rear set up soon.

Mike took me for a run on the autocross circuit in the Heidt Camaro too, WHAT A HOOT!!!

·
Registered
67 SS, 65 SS
1,828 Posts
Synergy green:yes:.......here is a 67 I saw at Carlisle , Pa. GM nationals...very inspiring.......

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Cool Story and glad that you got her back....:yes:

How did you manage to track down the car after all these years, if I may.....

WOuld like to see the now photos and progress of it....:yes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Synergy green:yes:.......here is a 67 I saw at Carlisle , Pa. GM nationals...very inspiring.......

I LOVE YOUR STORY MAN, AND IF YOU CAN GET YOUR CAR TO THIS LEVEL! :notworthy:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It will look like that in no time Darnell. Here's where I am so far. the only major issues so far, I found poorly installed lower 1/4 panel skins, and bad cowl rot on both sides. New 1/4's and tail panel are in order. I will repair the cowls. The lst two pics are the Heidts pro g front and rear IRS parts getting sorted to go to the powder coaters.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts