Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
I was checking it out earlier this morning. Very nice car, doubt he will get what he wants for it though. Not saying it isn't worth as it don't get much better than what he has unless it doesn't have posts. Hard to get that much for a non SS car I would think. That kind of money is approaching L79 status.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Beautiful car ( for a 2nd gen :devil:) . Just love the clean no frills look. I'm sure he has way more into it but may be tough to pull that amount of coin out of it unless the right person comes along.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I definately wasnt trying to be a sedan snob, the car is stunning. I bet he spent more than $80k to build. I've watched two very similar cars last month on ebay that didn't get bid up to half his price. Ebay isn't perfect but it is usually a pretty good indicator of current values.

I too really like the "plain-ness" of it. Needs a less "blingy" set of wheels and the rear dropped a couple inches... but what do I know, I don't have anything that nice.

Jeff-

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
hhmmmm

I dont know about the "create" motor and who the heck is this Chris Austin guy?
I hate when people ask a boat load of money and either dont know, or take the time to get some simple things straight.
Its been on before. didnt sell then obviously.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,718 Posts
I dont know about the "create" motor and who the heck is this Chris Austin guy?
I hate when people ask a boat load of money and either dont know, or take the time to get some simple things straight.
Its been on before. didnt sell then obviously.:rolleyes:
x2 and x2 again!

It's Chris ALSTON - runs Chassisworks, Inc. The write-up for the car is full of misspellings and incorrect descriptions. My take is that if you're selling a $500 beater, most folks will overlook the language. If you're trying to move a high-dollar piece, you'd better get it right or the people who CAN afford the car will think that you don't care enough to properly describe your vehicle!

Ketzer said:
I bet he spent more than $80k to build. I've watched two very similar cars last month on ebay that didn't get bid up to half his price. Ebay isn't perfect but it is usually a pretty good indicator of current values.
My exact thoughts when I first looked at the ebay page... it's a $30k Nova - maybe $35k on a GOOD day. Beautiful car, lots of money spent - but also quite a few details overlooked... He spent THAT MUCH time and money on the paint and left the 6 cylinder emblems on the fenders??? What's with the yellow paint on the front of the radiator support? Makes the car appear unfinished when looking through the grille. And, jetMD is exactly right about the seats. Yes, they're certainly in keeping with the plain-Jane theme, but I'd have wanted something more comfortable and supportive if I had built the car!

·
Registered
190 Posts
It is a very clean car, just seems too plain for what your paying, so it has a 454 big deal just not enough for the money at least a true SS or L79 would help.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
sweet

It's a sweet looking sedan for sure:yes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Beautiful car. Really, really nice build but will a non-SS post car bring this kind of money?
I'm not being a post hater, I'm actually thinking of one... but this is waaayyy out of my league.

Jeff-
NICE! BUT THAT'S CRAZY FORA SEDAN! :cool:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
This one has been advertised perviously and did not sell. Nice car but priced too high.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
he desperately needs an upholstery job to take the car to the step that the rest of the car is at... but even with the nicest of upholstery jobs, it's not gonna pull that kinda cash... Posts or no Posts, L79 maybe...

i do like it though...

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
THAT INTERIOR IS KINDA BASIC FROM THE REST OF THE CAR! :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts