Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I tried the search feature for over an hour, but didn’t find a for sure answer, so I decided to ask.

I have a 65 nova with a missing vin tag. I was told that CHP would like to see at least two hidden vins if the plate is missing.

I know about the one behind the driver side fender on the lip of the cowl. I’ve already uncovered it. Are there any others that anyone knows of? Thank you.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Hi all,

I tried the search feature for over an hour, but didn’t find a for sure answer, so I decided to ask.

I have a 65 nova with a missing vin tag. I was told that CHP would like to see at least two hidden vins if the plate is missing.

I know about the one behind the driver side fender on the lip of the cowl. I’ve already uncovered it. Are there any others that anyone knows of? Thank you.
I dont know about 65, I did a rotisserie on my 67 and the only place I seen one was on the left cowl, It was stamped there twice, I dont know if that counts.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look on the driver's side at the trunk lip. It should be on the top of the groove between the seal and the edge of the fender, up on top, unless someone has put a quarter panel on it.

T,
Thank you. I’ll try that. In other posts, I’ve seen people say they have a partial vin there...but most people said they only had a date stamp. But I’ll check that out too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts