Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone own or know a place where you can get Led or HId lights to replace the weak hallogen ones?
thanks

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Have you done anything else to the stock wiring setup to help out the low voltage situation common with the original sealed bulb setup that causes them to not be very bright?

Adding relays to the headlights is cheap and easy, and often results in GREAT improvement to light output of the OEM type headlamps.

If that fails, then you might step up to HID or LED headlights, but you'll end up doing the relay thing anyway as result.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i have not

all they wiring is stock, im not to familiar with wiring systems i didn't know you could do that, how could i go about doing that

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
try the Silverstar from sylvania.... you will not be disapointed

H6024ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen

·
Banned
435 Posts
Rex:

What a great post...thanks for being so helpful.

I've already spent a lot of time at the M.A.D. website. None finer or more helpful IMO.

I'll take your suggested fabrication to heart. Rest assured imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
try the Silverstar from sylvania.... you will not be disapointed

H6024ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
x2 These a much better than stock, and I think it was only 6 screws per bulb to swap them.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Now imagine doing the SilverStar ultra bulbs WITH the relay modification! It would melt the fur right off the little woodland creatures when you hit the brights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts