Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new here and full of questions. I suppose I'll ask them in the body forum though.

We have a 1967 4-door Chevy II/Nova. Her name is Betty Blue. She's in pretty rough shape, but hopefully we can change that. From the vin, I have determined she's a Chevy II 400 Nova, 4-door sedan. Runs great, drove right up onto the trailer. Brakes are kinda sticky, but those will be changed.

Future plans include a 5.3, new brakes, lots of new stuff. Not so much stock. She'll be driven to work a few times a week when she's ready, and she'll be willing to run down the track or take the fam to the car shows.

Doing lots of research these days, taking notes as well. Looking forward to getting her road ready!

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Welcome to the place and we love it when newbie's pst pic's.:yes:

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Welcome to the site . great bunch of people here ,Looks like you got some fun in store,is the family going to help restore her or will they be like mine and wait till its done before gaining interest? welcome again mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

The fam here at home includes me, my hubby, my mom, and our kids (puppy dog and a horse). Mom and the kids likely won't help at all, and the rest of the fam is in another state!

Looks like it'll be just me and the hubby. Hubby will be doing the work, I'm sure! I'd love to get her off the trailer and at least in the carport, then I could dink around with her a bit. Poor girl has been on that trailer for a couple of weeks now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I'm originally from an hour north of LA, grew up in Canyon Country, CA. Hubby grew up in Wisconsin. Now, we're about halfway between Katrina and Rita, we got some Ike and Gustav last year.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Well, I'm originally from an hour north of LA, grew up in Canyon Country, CA. Hubby grew up in Wisconsin. Now, we're about halfway between Katrina and Rita, we got some Ike and Gustav last year.
Sound's like Lake Charles to me.......:yes:

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
That's awesome...another moredoor saved from distruction....This is a great site..You'll find anything and everything here...I joined 200 post ago and have had many new Ideas and help offered here.....welcome aboard..If you own a nova...You have to be here..........Good luck with your project..It's in good hands.............Randy

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site, you gotta start somewhere!:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We got her in Silverhill, AL. We did stop by a small car show at a church right after we picked her up. Maybe 10 minutes down the road? How funny if you saw us!

Oh, by the way.... working on getting another one as we speak... she's in much better shape!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, we just got the second one. What a rush!

Just purchased, hopefully she'll be delivered in the next couple of weeks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm glad to see another being saved from the crusher! and those sawzall crazy guys! There's no better feeling than knowing that you saved her when your driving her after all the work is done!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts