Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my son decided to buy a 71 Nova as his first car. In three weeks he would have had it for 1 year. He was having tons of fun making it his.... Until the other day when a buddy of his that he was following decided to swing into the left lane to take a right up into his driveway... My son thought he was letting him pass for some reason (unaware that his buddy's driveway was to the right). He almost made it past the other driver before getting clipped and spun out into the ditch. After a trip to the hospital, everyone was ok in both cars. But I am afraid the Nova isn't so ok.
Anyway.... Any suggestions on what to do with the remnants of his dream car? Think it'll buff out?
Hopefully the 350 can find life in another car.

Never assume you know what other folks are doing out there.

Thanks,
-Batsy

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hurts my heart to see that thankfully everyone is ok, I'd say part it out unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,494 Posts
Very unfortunate accident... but I'm glad to hear that everyone involved is ok.
I agree that it pays to be a "defensive driver" at all times.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I say find another one if he really liked the car.. Pull anything good and useable off of the wrecked car and find cleaner car to put together..

Welcome to the site..!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
first find a new buddy that drives better. i'd look for another 71 an use the parts needed from this one an part out the rest. an glad no one was hurt too bad.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
So my son decided to buy a 71 Nova as his first car. In three weeks he would have had it for 1 year. He was having tons of fun making it his.... Until the other day when a buddy of his that he was following decided to swing into the left lane to take a right up into his driveway... My son thought he was letting him pass for some reason (unaware that his buddy's driveway was to the right). He almost made it past the other driver before getting clipped and spun out into the ditch. After a trip to the hospital, everyone was ok in both cars. But I am afraid the Nova isn't so ok.
Anyway.... Any suggestions on what to do with the remnants of his dream car? Think it'll buff out?

Thanks,
-Batsy
View attachment 399495 View attachment 399496 View attachment 399497

Thanks,
-Batsy
View attachment 399495 View attachment 399496 View attachment 399497
Don't think a buffer will save that one. Good luck with whatever you decide to do with it.

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
1,996 Posts
It came close to making it on the road for 50 years. RIP 71 Nova. There are some folks on Steve's that probably could save that but unless it has been in the family since new or something like that I would agree use it as a parts car. Glad everyone is ok. When I first started reading your opening thread I was already assuming something much worse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts