Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I'm 19, currently going to community college and have recently started work on my 63 Nova SS.

My dad, who has been a Camaro and Chevelle guy all his life, is pretty much clueless when it comes to the Nova, so I'm in hopes of finding the answers I have been looking for.

I'm not planning a restoration of my Nova, I just want to get it running strong, correct some rust issues and possibly get it painted in the future. My primary objective is to have this road-ready and comfortable. I've stumbled across these components so far and will be going in it: 350 (rebuilt by the previous owner and a new edelbrock intake manifold was thrown in bringing the entire purchase to $100), headers, Turbo 350, 4:11 gears with a 10-bolt nova rear end (when I purchased the car, it came with a Camaro rear end in it, which as you all know is far too wide).

The interior has been completely eviscerated by me over the last several weeks, there is simply nothing to save. The few components that were worth saving were more for placeholders to remind me what to purchase. The only piece that I will be saving is the Herst shifter that came in the car, though it's going to need some TLC to nurse it back to something that isn't an eyesore.

Here's a pic taken a few weeks after I bought the car last Spring. I have finally freed up enough time to start chipping away at it. The previous owners were less than ginger with it, so I may have bitten off more than I can comfortably chew, but overall I'm excited about the project.

I look forward to speaking with you all!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Welcome, reminds me of my story I was around your age and in Community College when I bought my 63SS. but that was 14 years ago. Where in Ca are you from? I think you will have no problem learning how to do anything to your Nova with the knowlegable guys and gals here. Jeff

·
Registered
247 Posts
good starter car

sound like you plan on having fun...pleanty of info on here..feel free to ask....welcome aboard:yes::yes::yes::yes::devil::devil::devil::devil:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site, it's great you younger guys have an interest in the Novas!:yes:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
welcome to steves there are a ton of californians on here but everyone on here has good info and tech to share check out the souhtwest thread in the regions column there is always something going on in california :yes:

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
I'm not planning a restoration of my Nova, I just want to get it running strong, correct some rust issues and possibly get it painted in the future. My primary objective is to have this road-ready and comfortable.
That's the thing about Novas. Sometimes your happy just the way it is. Each Nova I've seen has a character of it's own.

Your car looks good bud. Welcome to the site!

-IRIE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts