Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm glad I found this site. I was having trouble with my speedometer cable and it led me here.

I've got a 69 nova that I inherited from my mom. She bought it in 70. I've been tempted to sell it, but I just can't do it. I need to fix it up.

I don't know much so I'll need a bunch of help. :yes:

·
Registered
527 Posts
welcome!

Welcome, I'm new myself and have found much support and help on here!

Get some graphite lube and remove the speedo cable from the back of the instrument cluster (under the dash), lube the cable, it usually fixes any squeaks or bouncing needles.

Tell us more about your car!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll give it a try.

It's yellow w black interior 2 door. Got almost 47K miles. It's a straight 6 with three on the tree. It drives and runs great. rides really smooth. All I've done to it is replace the exhaust and had the alternator rebuilt. It's got a little rust but not too bad. The worst is the passenger side inner fender and battery support.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Welcome to the Site :waving:

Once you have made 25 plus post(s), you can post in the Wanted Ads for any part(s) that you desire or need :yes:

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Nica car :yes: Im glad you didnt sell that, wouldve regarded that later down the road....:eek:

Looks like in solid shape too... :yes:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin! You have found the right place.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome to the site. What part of Ga are you from. I'am about 30 miles south of atlanta. You should be able to find any thing you need on this site. Heck i spend more time on here than working on my car. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Welcome to SNS! :) Enjoy the forum,lots of valuable info on here and great people too! John

·
Registered
26,336 Posts

PLENTY OF KNOWLEDGE TO BE HAD HERE, PICK UP SOME AND LEAVE SOME!
GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US! :thumbsup:
:pics:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome! That 3rd gen nova looks horrible!

I can take it off your hands. I'll even tow it away at no cost to you!!:devil:

Just kidding! Nice ride! What are your plans for the car? Restoration only or will you be doing any hotrodding?

John
Just trying to keep it one piece right now. I'd like to hand it down to my grandson. So I guess restoration is my goal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome to the site. What part of Ga are you from. I'am about 30 miles south of atlanta. You should be able to find any thing you need on this site. Heck i spend more time on here than working on my car. Good luck.
I'm 30 miles north of atlanta. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts