Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought myself a 2 door 73 Nova a couple months ago for $5,800. Overall its been awesome.

The previous owner was an awesome dude. Even sold it to me with higher offers on the table but after talking to him he saw that I would treat her great. When I was about to leave he asked if he cold just sit in it for awhile, said he was getting a bit emotional letting her go.

She's got a newer 350 motor (30k miles) and Th350 tranny (20k miles), 1406 Edelbrock Performer Carb and Performer Intake, Hedman hedders to dual exhaust. New HEI distributor, brand new brakes all around, just a solid build.

I've run into a couple of problems since I've owned it and by searching these forums I've been able to clear them up rather easily. Figured I would join up because I'm sure I'll run into other issues in the future and it will be nice to be apart of the community filled with others who have likely had the same troubles.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Couple of more pictures. As you can see there's some rust but not too worried about that at the moment.

Upgrades I'm currently thinking about (would love some feedback or other suggestions). It's mainly a fun street car, so driveability is most important. Doesn't see TOO much freeway except a 5 mile stretch once in awhile.

Modificaton wishlist:
Swap the open 10 bolt rear with 3.08 gears to a Posi with maybe 3.55 or 3.73's

Edelbrock or Jegs Brand full top end kit or just simply swap the heads and get a Lunati cam and maybe a full bottom end rebuild from Jegs while I'm building the top end.

Also definitely want to convert from a column shift to a floor shift (how difficult old that be? Any easy straight forward kits to do it?)

Orrrrr make it "easier" and save a bit for a 383 crate motor ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
2,066 Posts
Welcome! If your not going to do over drive I would go with 3.55 over the 3.73 gears. You can get replacement rubber for that brake pedal. Wouldn't want your foot to slip off and run in to something :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome! If your not going to do over drive I would go with 3.55 over the 3.73 gears. You can get replacement rubber for that brake pedal. Wouldn't want your foot to slip off and run in to something :eek:
Yeah 3.55 is what I was leaning towards.

Haha, good call on the brake pedal. Honestly haven't noticed it when driving the car though.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! :salute: Thank you for your service. I see that you've found our 3rd gen social group; we're glad to have you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts