Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just signed up a couple of days ago. i am british, currently living in LA with my girl.

i have always loved muscle cars but we dont have many in the UK, so i promised myself i would get one when i could afford it.

i figured the best way to learn about them would be to buy one to play with. i have my heart set on a nova, and i think i have found the right one. its a '71 nova ss with a 454 engine. it needs a few minor things doing to it, but its in good condition.

i plan on upgrading the rear end later on this year to better handle the power. are you guys pretty friendly when it comes to people with not much car knowledge, asking for advice?

·
Registered
759 Posts
:welcome:TO STEVES. GREAT INFORMATION, GREAT PEOPLE AND EVERYONE TRYS TO GIVE GOOD ADVICE. :thumbsup::chev::waving:

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Welcome to the site. Don't worry about unfriendly people around here:no: Ask any question on any Nova related subject and you get your answer. This site is all about NPHNP (Nova People Helping Nova People):yes: Kick back and enjoy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, thats much appreciated.

my car knowledge is really limited, but im determined to learn. im going to start off fixing small things and then move onto bigger tasks.

my plan is to drag race it but i know there are a few necessary upgrades to make the car more solid before that.

can we post photos of the car on here?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Oh ya, you got the right one, BB in a 3rd gen!!!

Go big or go home!!!

Sorry, I lost my head for a second there, I get excited when it comes to BB in 3rd gens!:eek: :D I have a couple myself and they're a blast to drive!

Welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Welcome to the site! No problem being new and unsure on this site. Ask away with your questions. Just try to put them in the right section in order to get quicker and better answers. For instance - your rearend questions would go in the "Drivetrain and Performance" section.
Here is how to post pics: http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27716
Feel free to post them up here!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome

nice choice ....with the 454 ...welcome to the group.. visit the south western section of our forum and you can come out with us on our shows and cruises..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awesome, thanks guys. i have to get involved with one of these cruises, i watched a couple of the videos and it looks like a laugh.

as soon as i get the car cleaned up a little, ill post a couple of pics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts