Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was a big disappointment last time i went there. there was 4 or 5, 75.-79 4th gens there. well this time there was only one, and boy this thing was bare the entire trunk and lid were gone you could see the leaf springs and the rearend clear as day. the interior was destroyed it looked like the car threw up on itself. the motor and trans were gone along w the radiator support (oh i did find the grille inside the car of course whoever got to it before we did thought it would be funny to break if in half i didnt though) all the marker lights were gone, which i could have used. on the bright side, it was a four door. and they were there and in good shape, but mine is a two door. me and my girl went there for lights,front fenders(i got the drivers side,it is rusted through on the rear bottom by the rocker panel, but all i need is the lip of the wheel well to repair mine. a little cuttin and weldin should fix it up right, better than the bondo the previous owner used to repair it where it rusted through.) and we took the wiper motor dont know if it works but i figured we should grab it before that entire car car got scraped as well. so there we are. we left at 6:30 in the mornin to get there at 8:00 when they open (this way we could beat the heat of the day) with knowhere near anything we had originally planed to get. the car had the sub-frame still in it, so we said were gonna get our moneys worth out of this small adventure. so here we go, out comes the sub-frame (we didnt bring any jacks cause we werent planning on goin this far, so we looked around and there was a old chevelle stationwagon in the air on its jack with the big bumper hook i walked up to that thing kicked it right of the jack. keri went lookin in the trunks of the other cars and a found a screw type scissor jack. i hooked the bumper jack on the lower front fender support and put the other one on the pinch weld of the passenger side, jacked her up, four body bolts and some cuttin of various odds and ends and out she came with the entire front suspension rolled it right out. disassembled it out in front of the the car, threw everything in a neat pile in front of what is now left of it, put the tools away stuck the wiper motor in the backpack,layed the fender across the subframe, keri grabbed the back,i grabbed the front and walked it up front to office,after we humped that thing all the way up and paid the guy. he says next time let us know we'll help with that.well then after that little tidbit of info we got the hell out of there. incidentily yes a bare sub-frame fit perfectlly in a expedition, asumming the very nice latinos help u put it in the back, thanx guys whoever you are. well thats it. didnt get what we wanted but i dont ever have to worry about my exsisting sub-frame getting messed up ha-ha gotta spare (yes i will be welding all seams on this one as well,just like the one in car now) hoped u like the story all in all, it was good fun hangin with the, very not scared at all to get her hands dirty, show her one time and shes on it, and did all work except the subframe, (cause of the rickety jacks holdin up the car) she did pull alot off once i got it out and was messin with the contol arms. and helped hump the subframe up front my girl (a.k.a little pony a.k.a little pack mule) keri thanx i love u..............

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah

well bout all thats really left worth a damn is the rear suspension and quarters and glass after that theres really nothing left

·
Super Moderator
12,017 Posts
I find them all over, but not at the Pic N Pul's. Usually the property owners are happy someone wants to remove it so the prices are reasonable. I have purchased 6 in the last 2 years and parted them out except for my 77 and a 75 hatchback I sold to a guy in Texas. I could not be building my 77 without the money made from the sale of parts, my yearly pay is just above poverty level as defined by the government. My employer, also a government agency has mandated a minimum of 5 days off per year without pay, has not given raises in the past 3 years, raised the cost of benefits package and now wants to take away holiday pay. My income is shrinking yearly. Anyone need parts :D

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you got it

it's called youngs pic-a-part in goldsboro n.c. heres the number 919-734-3446

·
Super Moderator
12,017 Posts
Of course, but it's too expensive to ship the larger stuff back East.;)
That never stopped us before :D
This 4 door will probably be the last donor car I get. I am close to having my 77 on the road.

Although I have been watching a hatchback for over a year now. If the price becomes reasonable...........well ya just never know :)

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no i didnt

no i didnt see any the guy said he's been slowey getting rid of the old stuff for newer stuff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts