Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys its been a long time comming.......(well for me anyways)lol
I am finally getting ready to install my new drivetrain and sadly enough a new cam into the motor as mine went flat....
I am installing the new ford 9" rear with the disc brake conversion kit
anf th400 with 2600stall converter with a street/strip shift kit.
My B&M pro shift floor shifter and new drive shaft. Hopefully after that is done I can paint my car the following week as I am now 75% done with the body work on the car. The color is gonna be one that I havent seen on a 4th gen yet and will not reveal it yet til its done. I will post some pics later of the body work to show where I am at.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I wanted a bigger cam but compression will not allow for it. So I chose to go with Comp cams Mutha Thumper series 510/495lift.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well here are some of the progress pics now lol.

here is the shot of the old leaf springs and rear end out. Suprisingly it all came out pretty easy!! I only broke one bolt and the rest came right off.

Here you can see what I have for the floor behind the back seat and trunck area. Its actually solid and easy to clean up.

Here is why I am replacing the sprins
seperating.....

Broken and missing a part......

Now for the hard part....Clean up and undercoat this area and sit and try to be patience as my parts are en route to my house for my upgrades.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got some of my goodies today!!!!!
Lunati camshaft Vodoo series

My new summitt stall converter 2300-2600

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
Tony.. whers the PIC at buddy? the new ones!.. looking good.... whish I had the skill to do body work.... I just plain suck at it....

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliment Veno. I think I am ok with the body work lol but of course who really thinks they are excelent with themselves lol I have ares I can improve on but I think I did a pretty good job for being my 2nd and 3rd quarter panel install. Here are some more pics.

Heres one spring up all the way.....almost there...

Heres both springs installed now.....its looking sooooo much better under there......

I can almost smell the rubber burning already lol....The rear end is a perfect fit no mods at all ITS A DIRECT FIT!!!!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the rear end out of a 1957 for fairlane. Its a direct bolt in fit no mods at all. All you may have to do is new brake lines lol I did mine cause I am installing rear disc brakes on my car. Rear end in overall a bit shorter than the stock Nova rear but with my rims they still clear without relocating the shocks. If I want I can now go with a different backspace or add spacers and be able to fit a wider tire in the wheel well.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
So, tell me when to stand out side and look north!:devil: I'll be looking for the blue/white tire smoke any day now!:D

so ya solved the bolt issue i guess....

Keep on truckin bud....

looks great....

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well it took me longer than I would have liked but I finally got the rear end done on my nova!! Its finally on the ground upon its own weight!:D I am very happy that its finally done BUT now for the more exciting part.....putting in my new camshaft and my new tranny. Well lets hope this goes a bit faster than the rear end swap lol:yes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts