Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!! Will a 15x8 with 5.5 bs fit with 255/60 tires without rubbing? I need to know asap because there is a set on craigslist that I need to buy if they work!!!

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Help!!! Will a 15x8 with 5.5 bs fit with 255/60 tires without rubbing? I need to know asap because there is a set on craigslist that I need to buy if they work!!!
Will work perfect.

If you have traction bars with built in shock mounts you might need to tweak the bracket a touch.

The 15x8 with 5.5 back space can handle a 275/60-15
A 255/60-15 will have room to spare!!!!!

A 5 inch back space on 15x8 in some cases will require a rolled out side lip.

This is 15x8 with 5inch BS on 275/60-15

I will have pics of 15x8 with 5.5bs later today

AL

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have traction bars and my quarters are already slighty bent from the moron who put 10" rim with a 295 tire that stuck out the edge then let the airshocks get soft.....:mad:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I have 255/60/15 on the back of mine with a 15x8 rim with a 4.5" backset. I have a slight rub on the passenger side. No big deal. On the other hand though - 5.5" backset would hit the shocks on my car with it's traction bars - no doubt. You can see some pics of mine on my profile link in my sig....

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
275/60-15 on 15x8 5.5 BS

these are the same exact tires in the other pic on 5.0 BS wheels

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys! I bought the wheels and went with the 255/60 so they should have plenty of room. I am headed to a drive in/show tomorrow so I will post up some pictures!!!:)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DAMN!!! Haha. The airshocks on the car are too large in diameter. Gotta put some narrow hi pressure shocks on her now.

Any suggestions for HARD and NARROW rear shocks?

Thanks guys....

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Why hard and narrow? Just get a gabrial red ride or simular, that wheel/tire combo should work without raising the rear anyway. rearching the spring is the only way to get it back up if thats the case.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
DAMN!!! Haha. The airshocks on the car are too large in diameter. Gotta put some narrow hi pressure shocks on her now.

Any suggestions for HARD and NARROW rear shocks?

Thanks guys....
Rancho 9 way adjustable is the way to go!!!!:yes: Call calvert racing to order.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why hard and narrow? Just get a gabrial red ride or simular, that wheel/tire combo should work without raising the rear anyway. rearching the spring is the only way to get it back up if thats the case.
I just want to make sure that it will fit in there. And still have a firm ride. The traction bars weren't in the way so that was good.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Used some cheap heavy duty monroes to get me by. If they were 275 there would be NO way. Suckers fit tight! Hammered out the quarter panel too. Looking good!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts