Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im swapping out from a 6 cylinder to a 454 in my 68. My question is I want to run a short neck water pump in the car after reading that they fit better with the electric fans for clearance issues. But I cant seem to find a short neck pump with the 2 bolts hole locations for pass. side alternator location. I even called up Summit Racing to see what they had and seems like they dont sell one. Was wondering if anyone has run into this issue and knows where I can buy a short neck water pump like this. Ill be running power steering on the right side which is why Im running the alternator on the left. I did see the thread with someone who had this issue and used a dual 12in diagonal fan set up. I would prefer to just us a short neck pump if possible.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Your description is confusing, the passenger side is usually referred to as the right side. With a BB the power steering and alternator are usually on the left with a short water pump.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See I did not realize that the power steering and the alternator could be on the same side. Makes more sense that I cant find anything to work with the short water pump. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts