Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 327 and I chrome aftermarket valve covers on it. My problem is pouring oil in after oil change. It takes about 10 minutes for every quart. You have to pour so slow to keep from running over at the v cover. I took the baffle out thinking that would help but it didn't. The baffle keep the oil out of the breather. On the other side is the PVC. If anyone would know what I could do on these I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Redo

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Take the valve cover off with the hole farthest to the front and grind or cut the baffle off. Put the grommet back in and pour away. Or, you could flip the cover over and drill some holes in the baffle from underneath. I just cut them out because I run a stud girdle and they get in the way. Dave

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Take the valve cover off with the hole farthest to the front and grind or cut the baffle off. Put the grommet back in and pour away. Or, you could flip the cover over and drill some holes in the baffle from underneath. I just cut them out because I run a stud girdle and they get in the way. Dave

Dave,
On the PVC side there is a baffle also. Should I do the same thing as the other side? It seen to me that the baffle would restrict air flow.
Redo

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
All the baffle does is keep the oil from splashing to the hole. And it does take longer to fill when it is in there. I remove mine because they won't fit with a stud girdle. Usually on a small block, you can flip one cover so the hole is to the front of the engine. Knock the baffle out of that one and run the pcv in the other one. Fill oil in the front one. Dave

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for your help. I cut out the slots in the baffle under the valve cover and put in a breather baffle grommet.
Redo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts