Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried installing a unisteer u joint on my TCI manual r&p unit this weekend and I must be doing something wrong. The u joint is 9/16" -26 which is the correct size. When I install it and tighten down the pinch bolt the u joint slides up and down about 1/4" - 1/2"... I don't think it is supposed to do that. I first lined up the pinch bolt in the notch on the shaft, and then on the flat spot, both ways it still slides up and down...I tightened the ujoint as much as possible and nothing seems to work. What the heck am I doing wrong?? any help....please?? :(

·
Registered
968 Posts
I tried installing a unisteer u joint on my TCI manual r&p unit this weekend and I must be doing something wrong. The u joint is 9/16" -26 which is the correct size. When I install it and tighten down the pinch bolt the u joint slides up and down about 1/4" - 1/2"... I don't think it is supposed to do that. I first lined up the pinch bolt in the notch on the shaft, and then on the flat spot, both ways it still slides up and down...I tightened the ujoint as much as possible and nothing seems to work. What the heck am I doing wrong?? any help....please?? :(
Can you tell if the set screw is bottoming out in the notch?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts