Chevy Nova Forum banner

Help with stripping the interior during restoration

817 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  MBZTECH
I am in the process of restoring my 72 Nova and have everything stripped off the car. The interior is gutted and ready for repair and painting but I am stuck with what to do about the roof headliner "insullation". I removed the headliner and there is a insullation, fiber type mat that seems to be glued to the roof under the headliner. Anyone have any ideas of how to remove this and if there are replacements available? Mine is rotted and falling apart and I would like to remove it and apply another. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
i was lazy so i sprayed mine with water and used a shopvac to suck it off the roof. then i used a scotch pad and goo gone to get rid of the residue.

you could also just dry out the residue, and glue in new insulation over top of it. extra lazy, but no one sees it anyways.

if you dont want any water in the car, use those plastic putty scrapers to scrape it off without gouging the metal.
This will work^^^^^ I would use Dynamat for the new insulation. RICK
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.