Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to install the quarter glass trim for a 67 hardtop. Also, will coconut oil work for greasing the rubber insert for the glass. Thanks for the info Roger.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wanted to let you all know the coconut oil worked. Right or wrong the quarter glass trim is on and looks pretty good. Even if I did do it. Hopefully, they will stay in place. Maybe, this may help someone else. Roger

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey JR, don't know if the oil ever evaporates or not. I thought I had read that the oil is water soluble. If that means anything.

I am just a rookie and probably need to learn from my mistakes. lol. Seems like I have alot of those. When will I ever learn?

Anyway, I can tell you that one of the gaskets went to one side and I had to take the trim back off. I had to drive the trim off with a block of wood. Maybe, by having to drive the trim off with a block of wood, the trim possibly will stay. Don't know. I will keep my finger crossed.

Limestone is located in the northeast corner of Tennessee. We are halfway between Johnson City and Greeneville. We do have a post office. Limestone is where Davy Crockett's birthplace is, also, we about 50 miles from southwest of Bristol. Thanks for the reply. Roger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts