Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to lift my 79 4door and put 24-26" rims on it. What all do I need to do to make rims and tires this big fit on my car? Im looking for the cheapest way to do it... Please help me out! Also I wanted to know if I could swap out my front bench seat and put in some buckets and a center console in. What would I need to do this if it is indeed possible? Its a automatic transmission so I dont have to worry about that being a issue. Thanks a lot guys!

·
Registered
594 Posts
ive seen it done with other cars not my style but to each his own depending on how high you need to go you might only need coil spacers up front and a flip lit for the rear the flip kit puts the spring on top of the axle giving you 2-5 inches of lift depending on axle tubes how tall the spring perch is ect. if you need to go much higher than that it will get expensive quick custom suspensions and drive shafts. try searching "donk suspension" those cars are big in some areas

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where can i buy a flip kit? im not sure how much i would need to go but i wouldnt guess more then 5-6 inches...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Im looking to lift my 79 4door and put 24-26" rims on it. What all do I need to do to make rims and tires this big fit on my car? Im looking for the cheapest way to do it... Please help me out! Also I wanted to know if I could swap out my front bench seat and put in some buckets and a center console in. What would I need to do this if it is indeed possible? Its a automatic transmission so I dont have to worry about that being a issue. Thanks a lot guys!
stock tires are about 26" in dia, so I would get 24" rims, but the shortest tire for a 24" rim is 30" in dia
if you want big wheels go with 20x7.5" or 20x8 and go with some 225/35R20 tires

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i found a kit that will lift it 5" so if you say that the stocks are 26" that would allow 24" with tires to fit I do believe....

·
Registered
594 Posts
that should work just make sure the back spacing will let you turn wheel so you can actually drive it

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Maybe we can work something out. I haven't really analyzed my interior design yet but know for sure I am not going to reinstall my buckets but am going to use the bench. Maybe we can swap brackets or tracks or something, since you're looking to do the opposite of what I am. I will investigate my needs further and maybe you can do the same...For starters I need to locate my floor studs and confirm what they were originally intended for.

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
I just have to ask, why do you want to lift the car like a 4x4 truck and put tires that big on it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bucket seat sliders

Wanting to convert front bench to bucket in 1970 Nova. I have A body seats out of 1972 Chevelle. Can I change the sliders to Nova. Now they are 3 to 4 ins. too high. I thought seats were the same with differant sliders.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts