Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this piece is supposed to help keep the rear carpet down, but neither me or the interior guy can figure how it installs, I been told it goes after the sill plate but that didnt help much. IMG_2890.JPG

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Wiring gutter "guard" the bottom half of the rear seat sits on top of. Held in by two small sheet metal screws or hex head bolts.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I know this piece is supposed to help keep the rear carpet down, but neither me or the interior guy can figure how it installs, I been told it goes after the sill plate but that didnt help much. View attachment 408197
it's the sill plate extension. it interlocks with the long sill plate, both of which go over the carpet. they are also side-specific. i don't have a picture of it interlocking, but this one has the arrow to show where it goes:

the arrow shows where it goes on the driver's side.

good luck!

-Rusty

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before sill plate and carpet I believe I don’t think it has anything to do with carpet install. Like Southbay said just there to protect the wires and maybe the bottom of the seat from the pinch weld?

U gonna get that thing done this year? 😎
With a little help from my friends😁

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
The other guys were right about this. If I remember correctly this plate is used to keep any wiring safe from being pinched
by the back seat as it sits on the floor. My car had the rear radio antenna coax run down the passenger side and the rear wiring was run inside a plastic tube running down the drivers side. There were two pinch clips that held the plastic tube down for the sill plate to be installed. The bottom of the rear seat sits on these plates to hold it steady to the floorboard. Check out the photos.
DSCN0043.JPG

DSCN0045.JPG

Reactions: rebob
1 - 9 of 9 Posts