Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am in need of a little help with some images. I would like to get some hi-res images of all the emblems for the 1967 Acadian Canso SD. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Hello, I am in need of a little help with some images. I would like to get some hi-res images of all the emblems for the 1967 Acadian Canso SD. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean
Welcome
It is nice to see your interest in a Canadian product. I am however curious why you need a hi-res images. Are these image to be used for any business venture?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi & thanks for the welcome. I kind of wanted to keep things on the down low, but we are set to release a 1/64 scale version of the 1967 Acadian Canso very soon. I just wanted to double check my reference one more time before we hit production.

You can see our other cars here, www.M2Machines.com

Thanks,
Sean

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I hope someone can help....I would buy one of these!!! Nice models..let us know if you hit production...

And welcome to the site...

Cheers,

Pierre

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Why a 67?

I would be more inclined to purchase a 66. Same body style but cooler louvers and cleaner grill.

And I am expecting a little backlash on this:devil:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sean,:)

:yes:Check out this book "Nova SS" @1997 by Steve Statham, pages 59-61, shows several HD pic views of a very nice gold 1967 Acadian Canso SD.
You could look at it at your local Barnes & Noble or Books A Million bookstores. You could just Google "Nova SS by Steve Statham", click appropiate link, and look at it online.

:cool:Also, you can just Google "1967 Acadian Canso SD" and you will see a link to Jay Leno's garage with his 1967 Acadian Canso SD online.

Or you can spot one for sale on cars-on-line.com.:rolleyes:

Lots of ways for a computer savy California boy to do this!:D

Gary

·
13,705 Posts
Sean,:)
:yes:Check out this book "Nova SS" @1997 by Steve Statham, pages 59-61, shows several HD pic views of a very nice gold 1967 Acadian Canso SD.
Gary
Just a heads up that the gold Acadian in Steve Statham's book is a Canso Sport Coupe not a Canso Sport Deluxe. There were numerous trim and badge differences between the two. Beautiful looking car!

Bob

·
13,705 Posts
Bob,:D
Like I said in the other post today, you've got a sharp eye for details!:yes:
Oh, by the way, you have that book don't you?
Gary
Yup, I do and numerous others. Do you have Doug Marion's book 'Chevy II Nova'? It has many glaring errors, but also tons of info on production, options, engines, plus some great pictures. Worth getting.

Bob

·
Registered
338 Posts
:yes:Bob,

I do have Doug Marion's book "ChevyII Nova". Like you said it lacks a few things, like not all the MSRPs and RPOs, etc., but has great Nova pics!

I don't have Steve Statham's book "Nova SS" :no: but I plan on adding it to my collection soon (2-3 shelf bookcases, 36"x48", hardbacks, paperbacks, manuals, for Camaros, Chevelles and Novas/Acadians, I love them all).:D

Another book, "standard catalog of Chevrolet 1912-1998-2nd [email protected] by Ed Kowalke or the 1st ed. 1990 - "standard catalog of Chevrolet 1912-1990" has all the models, RPOs, MSRPs, engine stamp info and a lot of other facts, it is very informative!:cool:

I didn't mean to hijack this thread by Sean72 fro M2Machines.com and his request for some image pics of emblems for the 1967 Canso SD.
Would AcadianBill's car pics posted today fill the bill?:turn:

Gary

·
13,705 Posts
: I didn't mean to hijack this thread by Sean72 fro M2Machines.com and his request for some image pics of emblems for the 1967 Canso SD. Would AcadianBill's car pics posted today fill the bill?:turn:
Gary
Bill's car is a 1966 L79 Sport Coupe....like rare! Quite a few trim differences between it and a 1967 Sport Deluxe. Might be difficult to determine what generic trim/emblems from the 66 were carrried over to 67, plus the items that were specific to the 67 SD.

Bob

·
Registered
338 Posts
To Bob and others still concerned on this subject,:)

Are the 1966 Canso SD interior seat covers same as 1966 Nova SS?
Are the 1966 Canso SD interior seat covers same as 1967 Nova SS?
The 1966 Canso SD has 8 die cast louvers at top front of the front fender.
The 1967 Canso Sd has 4 die cast louvers at the back of the front fender.
Only 1966 Canso SD has SD badge on glove box door, not the 1967?
1967 Canso SD had rocker moulding on each side and a chrome die cast aluminum moulding on the 1/4 panel at the bottom behind the wheels.
Both 66 & 67 have 3 name plates on the car exterior that say "Sport Deluxe", 1 on each qtr. panel at the rear and 1 on the trunk lid on right side; both have a small "Canso" emblem near the top of the interior door panels on the white stripe.

Both SDs body wise the same with backup lights in back bumper.
Both SDs headlight bezels are same for both years, different on Novas.
Parking lights in front grille for 67 SD, in front bumper for 66 SD.
Both 66 & 67 SD had distinctive trim and identification, all vinyl bucket seat interior in red, black, gold or bright blue; center console with automatic or 4-speed transmission, electric clock, simulated louvers on front fenders, wheel discs (from the Canso SD brochure).

:)There was a lengthy discussion on StevesNovaSite 2007 forum about 66-67 Canso SD emblem differences, mostly by 66 Canso SD Girl & Glen's67sd, see link below:

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61380

:yes:The Canadian Poncho forum also had a lengthy discussion with Sean on this same subject 9 days ago! See the links below:

Canadian Poncho Forum:
www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=118110&subForumID=409062&p=2

rear quarter emblems and trunk emblem:
www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?aBID=118110&p=3&topicID=29526204

grill emblem:
www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?aBID=118110&p=3&topicID=28739727

More nice pics of a Red 283ci/PG !966 Canso SD below:
http://www.southernstylecruisers.com/wp/?page_id=201

What else does Sean want?:confused:

Gary

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
To Bob and others still concerned on this subject,:)

Are the 1966 Canso SD interior seat covers same as 1966 Nova SS?

Ans: Yes, but the door panels are different on the '66 Canso.

Are the 1966 Canso SD interior seat covers same as 1967 Nova SS?

Ans: No.

The 1966 Canso SD has 8 die cast louvers at top front of the front fender.

Ans: Actually, they have 9 louvers per side....

The 1967 Canso Sd has 4 die cast louvers at the back of the front fender.

Ans: Yes

Only 1966 Canso SD has SD badge on glove box door, not the 1967?

1967 Canso SD had rocker moulding on each side and a chrome die cast aluminum moulding on the 1/4 panel at the bottom behind the wheels.

Ans: Yes, but I believe the rear moulding was chromed potmetal.

Both 66 & 67 have 3 name plates on the car exterior that say "Sport Deluxe", 1 on each qtr. panel at the rear and 1 on the trunk lid on right side

Ans: Yes, but the '67 Canso has the Canso script on the front fender. The '66 Canso has the "Canso" script on the rear quarter with the "Sport Deluxe" emblem under it.

both have a small "Canso" emblem near the top of the interior door panels on the white stripe.

Ans: "67 Canso was the only year to have this and the '67 SD may be the only door panel in '67 that had the white stripe.

Both SDs body wise the same with backup lights in back bumper.

Both SDs headlight bezels are same for both years, different on Novas.

Ans: Yes.... both are the same as the '66 Nova.

Parking lights in front grille for 67 SD, in front bumper for 66 SD.

Ans: Yes, the '66 Canso has clear lenses.

Both 66 & 67 SD had distinctive trim and identification, all vinyl bucket seat interior in red, black, gold or bright blue; center console with automatic or 4-speed transmission, electric clock, simulated louvers on front fenders, wheel discs (from the Canso SD brochure).

Ans: Yes, disc brakes were an option though, not standard on the SD.

:)There was a lengthy discussion on StevesNovaSite 2007 forum about 66-67 Canso SD emblem differences, mostly by 66 Canso SD Girl & Glen's67sd, see link below:

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61380

:yes:The Canadian Poncho forum also had a lengthy discussion with Sean on this same subject 9 days ago! See the links below:

Canadian Poncho Forum:
www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=118110&subForumID=409062&p=2

rear quarter emblems and trunk emblem:
www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?aBID=118110&p=3&topicID=29526204

grill emblem:
www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?aBID=118110&p=3&topicID=28739727

More nice pics of a Red 283ci/PG !966 Canso SD below:
http://www.southernstylecruisers.com/wp/?page_id=201

What else does Sean want?:confused:

Gary
Hope this helps.
Dan

·
13,705 Posts
Hi Dan:

Thanks for all the info. I knew you'd have the answers to these questions.

Bob

·
Registered
338 Posts
Like Bob said earlier, thank you very much Dan for answering all my questions.
Sorry I wasn't the first one to say so but better late than never!:yes:

Bob and Dan, has it been hot up there lately?:rolleyes:

Gary

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
The red car you linked to has chevyII door panels and a few other parts missing. The "Acadian" hood script, "Sport Deluxe" bar emblem on the glovebox (same as the one on the rear quarter under the Canso script), and it should have the square V8 emblems. '65 and '66 Acadians and Beaumonts had the same square V8 emblems, the '67's had the rectangular ones.
Dan
Here's a pic of the door panel of a '66 Canso (SD was the same).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts