Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when installing the hood hinges. i did not get any instructions on how the spacers i got, go... i have heard people using them and also not. so i was messing with them just now which it around 10 o clock. i do not want to scratch the powder coating all up trying to figure it out. i know it cant be all that hard, so i figured i would ask you guys before i mess something up or cut my finger =) the spacers i have, is a total of 4. 2 are one size and the other 2 are thinner. bolts, how do you bolt the hinges to the inner panel. just a bolt and nut. all i got is spacers. any heads up will help

·
Registered
890 Posts
My hood fit without any spacers.What shape are they?Could they be the shims used between the firewall and support bar?
When I bolted my hinges on I used bolts,washers and lock nuts.

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
I love my Heidts front clip, but someone at Heidts needs to buy a digital camera so they can put a few photos in their instruction manuals:yes:

My advise is to take the rest of the day off and come back to it. It will all work out just fine in the end, even without any photos:D

Ron

·
Registered
77 Posts
heidts

no spacers for me my hinges bolt right to the inners. on problem i have is the fitment because of my fiberglass hood. the hood was too close to the cowl so i had to bore it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts