Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys can i ask you to help me identify this 327 small block engine? what type of engine is it? please help!

CE6V21928 S1013XTD

i can't seem to find the engine suffix "XTD" on any website... please give me a hand. though i know, that the engine block number is "3959512", and the stamp "CE" means its a replacement engine...

S= Signaw Service
1013= Oct. 13
XTD= ????

please help ty

·
Registered
62 Posts
anyone? please? i can't find it i have went thru several websites already... i usually find suffix codes with the letter "X" on have 2 letters mine has 3. XTD... please help :(

You may have to wait more than 1 hour for a response, especially with the time difference. ~Mod

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The CE code usually will be a warranty replacement engine.

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Small journal 327 2 bolt main replacement engine about 250 HP.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys!!! i'll do some work on the car and post some pics in a month or so..

Do you think i should just work on this engine and spend 3,000USD upgrading it or buy a crate engine from USA? i heard crate engines of small block chevys would cost around 3,000-4,000USD without shipping. is it true?

in the Philippines, V8s are used in drag races by VFW (veterans of foreign wars). just last year the Philippine drag racing record was broken by a japanese car. but for a decade or more, it was an American who owned it :):):)

i plan on making a 400hp street cruiser on my 67 Nova ss :):):)

its going to take me atleast 2 years..

God Speed and thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If you have a good machine shop over there that knows American V8's well then I would just build that 327 if it were me. 327's have always been good running high rpm engines when built right.

11:1 compression, AFR 180 or 195 heads, lunati voodoo 60104 cam, balanced rotating assembly, edelbrock rpm air gap intake and you would have a screamer. :yes:

Or pick yourself up a ZZ383 crate engine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zz383 engine is listed at 5,000 USD.

its not cheap man that i can tell you...:D

though i would love to buy that engine (and who wouldn't), i only plan to spend around 3,000USD on an engine because i'll be spending roughly the same amount buying a TCI mustang II complete front clip (with 12"wilwood brakes).

unless you sir would have an idea where i can buy a cheaper yet at-par quality front clip? and by experience, is it cheaper to buy online than at local shops in your city?

though i am in Philippines my family owns a house in Las Vegas. i would like to know if it would be cheaper for me to buy at local hot rods there or on ebay, online stores, etc:confused::confused::confused:

thanks guys! i'm finalizing my 2-year build plan.. hence all the question hehehe sorry i like to put down things on paper.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
zz383 engine is listed at 5,000 USD.

its not cheap man that i can tell you...:D

though i would love to buy that engine (and who wouldn't), i only plan to spend around 3,000USD on an engine because i'll be spending roughly the same amount buying a TCI mustang II complete front clip (with 12"wilwood brakes).

unless you sir would have an idea where i can buy a cheaper yet at-par quality front clip? and by experience, is it cheaper to buy online than at local shops in your city?

though i am in Philippines my family owns a house in Las Vegas. i would like to know if it would be cheaper for me to buy at local hot rods there or on ebay, online stores, etc:confused::confused::confused:

thanks guys! i'm finalizing my 2-year build plan.. hence all the question hehehe sorry i like to put down things on paper.
Are you planning to drag race this engine?If not this may be a good option for a cruiser
http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?cat=8&pid=CT350PC1
I'm very happy there is a nova in the PI!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
batman09 i've seen your car so many times man its like a damn reference :D:D:D

i don't plan to drag race the engine. but i would still want it to run 13-mids or lows.... hahaha don't want to be outrunned by 4bangers. lots over here:bored::bored::bored::bored:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
i don't plan to drag race the engine. but i would still want it to run 13-mids or lows.... hahaha don't want to be outrunned by 4bangers. lots over here:bored::bored::bored::bored:
I like your way of thinking!!!:devil:

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
batman09 i've seen your car so many times man its like a damn reference :D:D:D

Thank you for the compliment!!:DThat engine will put you in the 13's for sure and the price is right:Dbm

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
do you guys know what transmission this 327 comes with?

engine code is S1013XTD

thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts