1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
do you have headers that fit the previous heads?
i have vic jr and i mocked up the motor with me summit headers and they had no problems. was a little close on the passenger side in the 63. but i just took a big pry bar and pushed em.

are you hitting in the 72?

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Is this a race car or a street/strip car? those heads are race heads and you may need a specific header. Not sure if there are any "over the counter" but it may require a custom built header. In a pinch you could buy flanges and fab the headers to fit (requires welding, of course) but the problem might require changes to the tubes to get the plugs in.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
street

10.5 comp / 587"/608" lift solid flat tapet 106 ICL 110 LC 254/264 with 1.6 rockers / 385 ci/ turbo 350/ 3500 stall/ 3:73 30 spline truetrac/ manual 4whl disk/

I keep seening tha the HEDMAN 65019 is the header to use, but its a race only or lacking street hookups and I am lacking time to order them. Car must be running and street worthy by march 25.

I know it's a little rough for street. But gawd I love it!

UPdate. I just finished ordering a set of Hedman 65019 throught JETHOT cheaper than Jegs or Summit and will have them on the 21 of march. wish me luck....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
just goes to show you the difference in cars. i dont have plug problems. they are close to the tube and i have a nomax sleeve on the moroso race wires . but they still clear.
sorry to hear yours are not fitting.

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey veno.. how did those new headers fit?? im running into the same problem :D

My exhaust comes up and hits my crossmember now, and my sparkplugs all aim right into my header.. lemme know so i can order some new headers ! thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Headman 65019

Drivers side:

First I had to cut the flange in between the outer ports and grind .125" off be cause the rear exhaust ports were of by an eight. next I had to elongate horizontly the #3/#5 bolt holes as they were off by an eight ( read WONT BOLT UP) then I had to remove #1tube from the collector after I managed to get the rest of the header bolted and cut 3/16" off the end of the tube and reinsert in back in the collector for #1 to bolt up. #5 tube required a ding to clear the pitman arm. Though not much to be fare. I run steel motor mounts and the #5 tube might have a clearnce problem @ the streering gear box if rubber mounts are used (power steering) Manual should not be a problem.

Passanger side:
This side was better requiring only the flanges to be cut and removing @ least 1/8 in between the tubes so bolt holes would aline. (not the center ports)This side fit like a dream other than above stated.

I gave 600 for these Coated and I had to cut them to pieces to fit. Not what I expected or anticapated for the cash outlay. For 600 you would think that they could at least get the bolt holes to line up?. I like the JETHOT coating but wish I would have orderd the headers plain with street hookups and fit them my self then sent them to JETHOT. But allass we learn from each other.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
101 Posts
damn.. it sounds like a lot of workto get these bad boys to fit!!

thanks forthe great detailed info! ill let you know what i decide to do.. maybe ill look through some other brands and see what i can find... especailly for $600 USD!

·
Registered
101 Posts
just for anyone who cares.. i ordered dougs D368C and they fit in pretty nice.. im just going to have to dimple the header to clear the idler arm.. they were tight going in on the driver side, but have very nice clearance to the steering box ( power steering )

Im going to send a message on over to dougs and let them know this header works with victor jr's as they informed me it wouldnt work :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts