Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a new Edelbrock RPM Performance intake, along with a 700 Holley 4 barrel carberator. Since the shop turned it into a 383, from a 350, the old brackets for the throttle and kick down don't fit/work. Has anyone else ran into this situation, and if they have, could you offer solutions? I am including a couple of pics. Let me know how I can help any further. Regards.

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
What’s up Maintain, I’m no mechanic but as long as you are still running a sbc you’re old bracketry should work. I only state that because you mentioned the change from 350 to 383. Now the intake swap might implicate changes in brackets if the old ones mounted to the intake, but not really if they mount to the carb studs.

Might you have a pic of the old setup or what intake you had on previously?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the old intake. It's about 1/2, lower than now. I don't want to mess with new carb,,or intake. I'm going to see if I have some pics of old set up. If not, then will take some. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I see part of your problem. Whoever did the install mounted the coil on the stand for the throttle linkage. That coil, should be vertical and away from the intake. You didn't have the issue before because it was an HEI distributor.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I see part of your problem. Whoever did the install mounted the coil on the stand for the throttle linkage. That coil, should be vertical and away from the intake. You didn't have the issue before because it was an HEI distributor.
Good eye bracketchev

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Should be able to use a bracket that mounts on the carb studs. The coil should be mounted vertically.

Like bracketchev said, if you move your coil you might be able to use your existing brackets.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Existing bracket will not work, even with coil moved. Here is a pic, of what I came up with. Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts