Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some help pricing a car.:confused: It is a 1967 Nova SS 327. It has a powerglide, power steering, power brakes and factory air. It has about 60,000 miles and NO rust. The original engine is apart and out. It needs paint and interior, but all numbers match.

If you would be willing to help me give me an idea please email [email protected] or PM me here. The reason for doing it this way is I have seen a couple of "what's-it-worth" threads turn ugly. (Not on Steve's but on a couple of other forums!)

Thanks in advance.
Carl

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a little bit of input, but I'd sure like some more opinions please if you are willing guys.

Thanks
Carl

N

·
0 Posts
I'd scope ebay until something similar came on. Be sure to check the US listings in addition to the Canadian ones.

I've never seen things turn ugly or nasty here so your are welcome to post pictures. We're all here to help! :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
n8. said:
I've never seen things turn ugly or nasty here so your are welcome to post pictures. We're all here to help! :D:D:D
You haven't been on here long enough:D Just wait...you will:D

·
Banned
389 Posts
Project car

Sounds like you have a definite restoration project car, with the engine out and not running. Hard to place a value on it, considering the dollars it will need to at least get it roadworthy and driveable, and then later do the interior and paint, etc..
Prices are all over the planet on these cars, if you find the right person looking for one and is able to do the work himself you could make out good on the selling price, other guys will look at the work it needs and the cost and walk away and find one that needs less attention.
I've restored a couple, and if I had it to do over, I'd buy the right one already done.
Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sparky

You make a very good point about buying one done. For me that is not a financial option at this point. The main attraction to this car right now is the no rust part. Around here, that is pretty much never seen. I'm still on the fence on this one, but I have to make up my mind pretty soon.

Thanks for the input. I do appreciate it.

Carl

·
Banned
389 Posts
Buying

Carl; sorry I misunderstood your question, I thought you were the seller not the buyer. Try not to see the car in your mind as "finished as when your done", but look at it as it sitting today, what you can do yourself and how long it will take and the cost to do things right. Make a list. Look at the pluses the car has going for it to figure the price. Alot of factory options, completeness, body condition. Then wiegh the negatives. What parts are missing or need replacing. The cost of the engine and drivetrain rebuild, suspension, brakes those types of things. Then there's the interior, seat covers, carpet, headliner, dashpad, etc.. And the paint and body work, which is not cheap anymore with the cost of supplies and paint.
Not trying to talk you out of buying it, just give you things to think about when you look at it and the cost. Thats why you see so many unfinished and uncompleted projects for sale that were started with good intentions, and end up basket cases. But there's good deals and bad deals to be had in those too.
Hope this helps you out, and good luck whichever way you decide to go.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
I thought you were a seller too...you can ( or you did ) disregard my PM. :).

Does the seller not have a price in mind? If it's a local car and it has no rust it's worth a hard look but Sparky has some very valid points to consider.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help guys. I'm just waiting for pics of it. The car is a days drive away from me. It's a friend of mine who has it. I have first crack at the car. Once I see pics, I have to make up my mind. I feel it's pretty tough to find a 327 A/C SS project car, at least around here, that's for sure.

Carl

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still waiting on him to send pics. :rolleyes:

I will certainly post here if I decide not to buy, but I think he already has someone who will if I don't take it.

Carl

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, it's 5 months later now! I still haven't decided on the car, and he has not sold it yet. I did get a few pics, but it was pretty dark and dusty so they didn't turn out too great. However, he says it's rust free, 6X,XXX miles, factory air, 327 powerglide. The engine is out and apart with a rod knock since sometime in the 70's, but stored inside apparently. He had health problems this summer, and I didn't really have time or resources to buy it in the spring, but now I have sold one of my projects (GTO), so I have time and room and money now!

Any thoughts? I am thinking it can't be more than $7K to $9K, but please, oh please give me opinions!!! I am really undecided what to do...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
No Brainer !!!

Carl...Carl...Carl...!!! It's a No-Brainer man !!:eek: Assuming it's Canadian, you get documentation!! It's a 327 with air, PS,PB, and all tinted glass!! So the engine needs a rebuild...... the end restored value would put it in the 35-40 range for sure!!! IMO. Also, you didn't say the color scheme, that always matters with numbers cars!! I'm guessing he'd want 10-ish which sounds fair to me!!! Zero rust is a major plus!!

JUST....DO....IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Let us know, but do not hesitate!!....... good luck Ric (aka Bogie)

·
Registered
99 Posts
67 Nova

Carl,

I bought 1967 two door coupe in April 2006 from a freind as well that had the car for about 10 years did nothing with it, this car is originally from Manitoba as well. I sold my 1987 Buick Grand National to buy this car and a new mini van, I payed $4500. for a complete some what running car, if my car was a SS I would have payed $7500. for it no higher considering the work involved.

Hope this helps

Jason

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
L78---You keep out of this!:D You already bugged me enough to sell my GTO that I finally did! Now you want to make me buy another project to stash in the corner for 17 years!

Bogus/ClonerL79

It's not actually a Canadian car, but I intend to check it over pretty good. My buddy knows some of the history, so that should help.

Jason

Thanks for the help as well. I think I pretty much know I have to pull the trigger on this one, but it's about 600 miles south of me, so I can't just do it any time!

·
13,993 Posts
I think I pretty much know I have to pull the trigger on this one, but it's about 600 miles south of me, so I can't just do it any time!
Holy cow Carl, I put 600 miles south of Morris somewhere in South Dakota :eek: . Is this car in the U.S.? If so, based on an $8000 U.S. cost, add almost another $1000 in exchange, plus taxes, getting it home, etc. Just some more stuff to consider.
Bob

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually, a bit farther. It's into Nebraska a little bit. It's about 675 door to door. It's good friend, so I can buy it and then work out details later. That's a bonus. Exchange is sure favorable right now though... Taxes I have to pay sooner or later anyway, duty is free.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, it looks like it's going to be 10K firm...

I have some thinking to do. I want to confirm it's a numbers match car for that price. He says it is missing one piece of the side trim on one of the front fenders. I suppose that is about impossible to find???

Carl

1 - 20 of 52 Posts