Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason or others
What balljoints should I use to for uppers and lowers on my M2 front end? I had a lower ball joint break today, it was a MOOG joint I had installed last year. I have no idea on reason for failure but want to make sure I get the correct replacements.
Almost 90,000 miles on my front end now :yes:
Thanks guys
Tom G.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Moog always was the safest bet, is there anything that could cause it to break, like too much angularity or the joint hitting the ends of it travel before the bumpstops? I would definitely let the maker of your front end here about it,I'm sure they don't want to sell dangerous stuff,maybe they're getting bootlegged parts or their design needs adjusting.What brand was it? Others may wish to inspect their parts.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jason
Is 772 the lower only? If so, what is the upper also? I thought they were 719 but they dont fit.
I will post up pics of the broken joint later today or tomorrow.
Thanks
Tom

·
Vendor
1,429 Posts
Jason
Is 772 the lower only? If so, what is the upper also? I thought they were 719 but they dont fit.
I will post up pics of the broken joint later today or tomorrow.
Thanks
Tom

The 772's are currently upper only. They used to be upper and lower before the changeover in August 2011. At that point we started using 719's as the lowers. Yours will be 772 upper & lower.

-J

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jason
What should I use for alignment specs on my front end? Im using power steering.
I am having trouble posting pics, If I email you a pic of the broken ball joint would you take a look at it and give me your opinion?
Trying to get this back together for the weekend.
Tom

·
Vendor
1,429 Posts
Jason
What should I use for alignment specs on my front end? Im using power steering.
I am having trouble posting pics, If I email you a pic of the broken ball joint would you take a look at it and give me your opinion?
Trying to get this back together for the weekend.
Tom
Alignment specifications
Caster: Power rack 4-6 degrees positive
Manual rack 2-3 degrees positive
Camber: 0 Degree(Street) - 1-1.5 negative(Autocross)
Toe-in: 1/32 to 1/16 inch

Yeah, drop me an e-mail and I'll make sure the engineering team puts their eyes on it.

[email protected]

-J

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, two more questions.
What should the ball joints be torqued to? Most stuff I find says 125 lb ft
How about the castle nut torque for the ball joints?
Thanks
Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts