Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone removed the entire parking brake- Im trying to get it back on. I need the Parking BRAKE ARMS for both rear drums- its the arm that the parking brake cable attaches to. Cant find it at the parts houses, not sure what one I need- so dont want to get the wrong one at a junk yard. I have found these GM numbers but think they are NOT for the NOVA. Hoping someone has a set to sell or can furnish the part # and location to buy?

179 1224
180 17743
155 94177

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Most all GM cars with the 9.5" drums use the same arm and bar. I would look through the wrecking yard first, take a tape measure so you know they are 9.5". If you don't want to bother with the wrecking yard, Classic Ind has them.
If you look at the applications you can see all the different cars they fit, so if you go to the wrecking yard you know what cars to look for

these are for the left side

these are for the right side

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most all GM cars with the 9.5" drums use the same arm and bar. I would look through the wrecking yard first, take a tape measure so you know they are 9.5". If you don't want to bother with the wrecking yard, Classic Ind has them.
If you look at the applications you can see all the different cars they fit, so if you go to the wrecking yard you know what cars to look for

these are for the left side

these are for the right side

I reluctantly paid $53 for the two brake levers............it sure seemed HIGH!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts