Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had this problem before???? I have already lost one cap. Whats funny is both fronts are nice and tight. Both rears are loose. What do I do????

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I can't count how many I've lost! I had some chrome ones that were offshore junk and the caps came off just going slowly around a corner. You can take pliers and tweak the ring that goes inside the wheel-make a series of small bends and keep trying it on the wheel. At one point I had all 4 caps matched to a specific corner of the car--they wouldn't work on all 4!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I also at times had the same problem. I think Classic Chevy or Paddock makes some locks that keep the caps on. Might be worth a look.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I think Classic Chevy or Paddock makes some locks that keep the caps on
They sell cable locks to keep them from being stolen, if a cap comes off while attached to the cable.......it could get real ugly at high speed!

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
The rubber that is used to set windshields is pretty sticky.

Put a little of that rubber on the cap.

It works for me.

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Three of the four on my car were tight when I got it. The fourth was loose and I lost it.

Bought some of the plastic ones and the same wheel was loose. Couldn't get it tight for anything.

Bought some of the new metal ones and they fit fine for over 4 years. Not loose at all. Go figure.

Bending the metal on the cap seems to be the most secure way to me..

ray

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
they tend to get a slight dent in the metal on the back side so i just turn the center cap a little from where it originally was to get a nice tight fit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts