Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help guys, I am at wits end. I have a 468bbc in my 62 Nova. It has a Be Cool 4 core aluminum radiator, CES electric water pump, Dual electric fans that turn 2800cfm and shrouded, 165 degree HP t-stat, running only water and Water Wetter in it. Also have a tranny cooler. Car is hitting 220 degrees in city driving within 20 miles. Not sure what else to do, any ideas??????

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
How open is the shroud ?sometimes forcing the air to only pass through the fan holes can restrict flow.People add flaps that let air pressure(from forward movement) pass through but close when the fans come on.Some sort off air dam beneath the bumper or core support can stop the recirculating of already heated air. Its weird, some cars have problems and others with apparently the same set ups don't.Crowded engine compartments can restrict flow but I don't know what can be done about that expect louvers everywhere.

·
Registered
231 Posts
200R4 torque converter

I'm gonna get that 200R4 soon. I guess the TCI Streetfighter @ $1570 thru Summit. I want good streetability cause its my daily driver. I build my 350s for a flat low to mid range torque curve(400 ft/lb max) and have a 3.32 rear. I was thinking a 12" 1800-2000 stall? Will it fight me at the stoplights with the brake pedal? Yell at me.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Are the fans wired up correctly,ie turning the right way?.Also try a water restrictor instead of a thermostat.I went through the same things you are fighting now.I changed everything to fix the problem.
Greg

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
try unshrouding those fans and if not already get a cowl hood so the heat and air have somewere to exit. BBC's are brutal to keep cool!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts