Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just relocated the battery to the trunk and installed a new Edlebrock Torker manifold and Performer Carb.
Once everything was installed, I fired it up and it started fine. The only setback was the vacuum whistle because I didnt have anything connected to the PCV on the carb. I shut it off and tried to fire it up again a few minutes later to check for something else and the car was completely dead. I got the jumper cables and fired it back up, then shut it off to install the new PCV valve. As soon as the engine turns over it stalls unless I keep my foot slightly on the gas. I then disconnected the PCV, restared it and it runs rough but does not stall.

Im not sure of anything that would have caused the dead battery...an odd coinsidence?

Should the PCV connection cause it to stall? IS another adjustment needed to prevent?

Please let me know what you think. :confused:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
First make sure you run both cables back to the engine from the trunk, may cause an electrical issue if you dont, also use 1 gauge welding wire. On the engine you may have the distributor off by a couple teeth, double check timing. Sorry cant help more, need more info.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does that carb have an electric choke? Does it have 12V to it? Have you tried setting the idle?
It has a manual choke which I have set in the open position. I messed with the idle before hooking up the PCV but that battery died again so I couldnt try again after connecting the PCV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts