Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The factory clock in the dash WAS working - I reset the time with the knob and now it doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas? I tried pulling out and pushing the set knob and had no luck. Am I missing something?

·
6,554 Posts
It's possible some part of the mechanism is stuck or it could also be an electrical problem (power and/or ground).
I took one of the indash clocks apart for one of my projects and it didn't work at first and I had to lube it up some, retension an internal spring and clean a set of contact points inside of it. You have to think these clocks are in a rough enviroment and can get gummed up over the years with parts inside that just wear out.
If banging on the dash and checking the fuse to see if it can be started again fails you may have to take it out of the dash for service. If it gets to a point of servicing or replacing it you may look at the quartz conversions for them. Probably more accurate and reliable.

Jim

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Racinfan83 said:
The factory clock in the dash WAS working - I reset the time with the knob and now it doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas? I tried pulling out and pushing the set knob and had no luck. Am I missing something?

if you want to send it out for repair try clockwerks in eagle river wisconsin. they do a great job and quick. might even be able to buy a nos movement, or quartz if you so desire. it you get it repair or replaced (old style movement) unhook you battery/power if your not using the car for a period of time. prevents the contacts from going bad. best of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts