Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if thiers any specific backing I could purchase somewhere that would make mounting fender Nova or trunk Nova emblems easier? I thought I heard somebody refer to something called "Barrel Clips" or some term similar to that once. Does this sound familiar. How have you guys been able to easily mount the Nova trunk emblems without disassembling your trunk? Even the side Nova emblems are a pain in the *** to get to from the inside. Any tips? Thanks- Mike

·
Registered
170 Posts
These barrel clips are the way to go. You drill a small hole, insert the barrel clip into the hole, then the studs on the back of the emblem get inserted into the barrel clip which grabs on to the stud..........done!

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
These barrel clips are the way to go. You drill a small hole, insert the barrel clip into the hole, then the studs on the back of the emblem get inserted into the barrel clip which grabs on to the stud..........done!
i agree that barrel clips are the way to go,but buy a few extra to test fit in a scrap of steel.if the holes aren't the exact size you'll dent the fender pushing the emblems into the clips.if the hole is drilled oversize,the emblems will be loose.
leftcoast carl.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i just put the nova emblem in the fenders and i twisted my skinny little arms in there to the get the nut barely on, then i used my socket wrench to tighten the closest nut to the door. i made it tight enough where i only needed the one...:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts