Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

So I got me a 1963 Nova SS for a really good deal, however good deals always come with some strings.

Help me solve two problems, which may be related.

Problem #1: Front passenger side window, and triangle window, are not aligned correctly, however the rear passenger window is perfectly aligned. The body lines of the door match the fender and quarter panel. It does not appear the roof is askew, as the driver side lines up perfectly. Could the door, or the window frame be bent? Anyone seen this before?

Problem #2: The car is 3/4 of an inch shorter on the passenger side. I measured about 10 points around the car, and it's pretty consistently 3/4 of an inch lower to the ground. (or the driver side is 3/4 of an inch higher, your choice!). I checked some obvious stuff like tire pressure, etc. Any thoughts about what to check next?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Matt

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Window

you need to adjust the lower vent window screw to pulll it into the door more that will force the window top out and the adjust the outer chanel from the door jam not a big deal just spent last week getting mibne done ...at some point you have to except what you have ...if its close.

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
check your lower doors glass channels and the window adjustments if panels are aligned and the windows are not you have some adjustments to do on the vent window and the side window Is the door from another car? closing the door from the window frame top instead of handle will cause that over time. should be an easy fix .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW: I just noticed a "Body" forum. Whoops. If any mods can move this message to that forum, that would be spectacular :)

Cheers and happy Memorial Day!

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
carefully measure the lower control arm from the centre of the balljoint to the centre of the pivot bolt.a bent control arm can cause the car to sit lower on one side.also check that the coil spring is "seated" properly against the upper spring pad.
leftcoast carl.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
You also have to remember that these cars weren't perfect new, some where not even anywhere near close. Yours looks like it will line up with some work.
-DD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts