Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on going through JEGS for a new cam and lifters, can someone help me find the right one for my engine combo?

Small block 350, stock rebuild, edelbrock 600cfm carb, streetmaster intake, hei ignition, hotter coil, headers and dual 2.5" exhaust, 2000rpm stall converter, TH350 tranny with a shift kit, stock 7.5" rearend with 2.73's. I'll step up to a 8.5 with 3.73's so imagine that was in :D stock heads with pressed in studs.

I plan to have it a street/strip car and need something to wake this thing up, I prefer a rougher idle :D Oh, i have power brakes also.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I'm planning on going through JEGS for a new cam and lifters, can someone help me find the right one for my engine combo?

Small block 350, stock rebuild, edelbrock 600cfm carb, streetmaster intake, hei ignition, hotter coil, headers and dual 2.5" exhaust, 2000rpm stall converter, TH350 tranny with a shift kit, stock 7.5" rearend with 2.73's. I'll step up to a 8.5 with 3.73's so imagine that was in :D stock heads with pressed in studs.

I plan to have it a street/strip car and need something to wake this thing up, I prefer a rougher idle :D Oh, i have power brakes also.
lunati voodoo 262/268....very nice cam....you need to dump those heads and get some vortecs for $500....then you'll have a nice street machine.bm
ps you have an hei and a coil...hei has the coil built in.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Now that you are in Norcal you need to contact our local camgrinder, he goes by Camgrinder on here and is an awesome dude with a ton of knowledge, he will get you the best bang for the buck! Pm him!!:yes:

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
heads

if you just want something that sounds sweet , you could throw in a cam now and sound good cruising around. Everything is inter-related on this stuff. Put a cam in , then the stock valve springs ain't cuttin' it , the press in studs show their ugly head, you break a couple stock rockers, then all its really doing is making more noise and using way more gas.

If all your budget allows at this point is a cam , then keep that in mind with the results you can achieve.

i'd go long on the master card and get the heads, ( patriot vortecs look great for the money ) rockers , pushrods , then the cam.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Why a 600 cfm carb? With all that how about something like a 650 to 670 cfm range.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I say X# on hitting up john(camgrinder) he has a 268 duration cam that has a aggressive intake lobe works GOOD!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts