Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so now that I have finally gotten my Nova running, the next issue I am going to address, is the horrid body....the photo attached does not show the issues Im facing. The quarter panels are completely rusted out...and also the floor is rusted out...the chassis seems save able with some POR-15...I saw someone else on here do that. Can you guys help me out because I have no clue what panels will fit it, every site I look at says the 73 Hatchback wont fit other years or models panels, and also the floor being rusted out...I looked at this .... http://nnnova.com/index.php?cPath=33_730_1083 .... will that fit? Haha i may sound like I know absolutely nothing and that is becuase I dont know anything. :confused: haha.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

**** I will post pictures of the areas Ive talked about as soon as I get home from work.****

·
Registered
929 Posts
Im about in the same boat that you are. rear quarters, outer wheel well half, trunk drop off. my floors aren't too bad just a little there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah my issue is that everything I see online says that no one makes quarters for it, and the person who owned it before me tried to just repair the rust with tiger hair and putty but left it just as it was didnt actually repair it. and I have no idea how to fix it without a skin at least....well idk how to do it with one either but you know what I mean

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Lots available

Classic is just one of them. Be careful of the manufacturer, some do a better job than others. You will constantly see comments about fitment, and "close" is about as good as it gets. These cars weren't that precision in the first place.

So now it becomes research time for you. There are dozens of threads on here regarding sheet metal. I suggest you use the search function and go through them. You'll find ones where folks have replaced sections to whole quarters - with the pictures of their progress.

Once you find what you need, be careful of shipping costs. A low part price may have a big shipping cost making the total cost more than paying more for the part.

Show us pictures - we love pictures - and be sure to cover you engine with plastic, that dust gets everywhere.

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Very fixable. Cut along the edges and around the underside supports - you need them - then you can take a air chisel or spot weld drill to remove the the remainder of the sheet metal by prying, pulling and grinding. Just get the shell into a position where it is supported and "comfortable"

·
Registered
293 Posts
Soo I ripped the carpet back and this is what I found.....next I'm going to cut away the edges.
Ahh the fun begins...it wasnt that long ago and I was starting the fab work, take your time, ask buddies for help etc...you will get ur dun!
Good Luck!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts