Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my 71 nova, I am looking to put some camaro/vette style ralleys on there. I currently have (3), yes three, 15x8 wheels. (Can't find that 4th wheel ) My thoughts were to keep 2 of those for the rear and then get some smaller wheels for the front. Maybe 15x7 or even 14x7. The car originally came with 14's. The other option would be to use the same wheel size throughout but with a different backspacing at the rear??

Any suggestions as far as mixing and matching different wheel sizes? What works and doesn't work with a nova......thanks. obviuosly I'm going for that slight rake / hotrod stance.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the info. My car has original 14's up front with disc brakes so I don't think I will have a clearance issue. I would like to keep the 15x8 for the rear since I already heve them :) I think I will find some 15x7 (or 6) for the front. Now I just need to choose tires :eek:

·
Registered
141 Posts
i bought 14x5 rallys outta summit for the front of my nova. and i have 15x7s out back. i liked the look but i do prefer 15s all around. im switching to the 15x3.5 and 15.8 draglites i have but im prob going to put my rallys on my other 72 eventually. the 14x5s were pretty cheap and as long as your not looking to be a road racer, they turn just fine. my car is a drum brake car though. heres some pictures.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Whats that white stuff all over the ground, chevy72? :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
haha up here in massachusetts we get something called "snow." kind of a damper on the hotrodding stuff. didn't mean to steal anyone's thread here but if your asking me the motor in the last photo is a 305 that i swapped in after taking out the factory 307. the snowy pictures are a 30k orig mile 4 bolt 400 small block that i put all kinds of goodies in (had heads made, comp xe268, gear drive) and then had the cam fail right after break in. now, just last weekend i pulled the 400 and swapped in a 71 350 i traded a an old quad for. runs mint. i put some lakewood 90/10s up front a couple days ago. just fit up a harwood 2 inch cowl lift off hood on it today. ill get some more recent pictures and put them up in a new thread soon.

·
Registered
141 Posts
the rears are BF Goodrich T/A Radial 235 60R15s. id like a little more sidewall but those tires came with the car so i put them on some rallys. i agree with the fronts. at the time i just wanted something cheap for a 14x5 rim. doesnt quite fill the wheel well as much as id like but im switching to 15x3.5 draglites in the front.

hood fits mint, had to trim it some places but i got it on pretty easily. as soon as this weather breaks (which might not be til the end of next week!) i'll get some pictures up with the new hood and the new 350 in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts