Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,236 Posts
If you want a rock solid 350 with a warranty go with a GM crate engine.
A good start:
A little warmer:
Yee Hah!

I toyed with the thought of a Blueprint engine but after talking to them on the phone I left unimpressed. They would not give me very specific information on things such as the block, crank, rods etc and they were vague on purpose, much of their stuff is offshore manufactured.
I ended up going with a builder who gained my confidence, they were great to talk to, really cultivated a two way conversation and were just a pleasure to deal with, Nyes Racing out of Indiana.

· Registered
1,236 Posts
Is the 010 350 block still highly favored to build a race motor with? Wasn't there a 020 block also?
You’re thinking of the “coveted” 010 020 block, denoted by the 010 & 020 under the timing cover and rear of the block.
Urban legend has it that they had a higher nickle content which has been debunked repeatedly. To the best of my knowledge the 010 & 020 signify which cores were used in the casting process and this set were less prone to core shift therefore yielding more consistent wall thickness’s.
I have a 4 bolt 010/020 block and a 2 bolt 010 block.
I don’t see a perceptible difference between them.

· Registered
1,236 Posts
You would be hard pressed to build one any cheaper than this, especially when you consider parts cost and machining.
Buy once, cry once.

· Registered
1,236 Posts
You can buy the Scoggin Dickey engine I noted via Affirm. Factory GM and a warranty. You make monthly payments on it and if you pay it off early you hardly pay interest.

What is your time, aggravation and frustration worth to you?
With the GM crate you have thousands of trouble free miles ahead of you and as Pragmatist noted, easy to hop up.
With your $200 oil burner?

As the old saying goes: “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten

1 - 5 of 5 Posts